Monday, November 24, 2008

Look at our big girl!




Our little big girl is getting to be so independent. As you can see she sits up all by herself of course and she's totally on the move now. Just the other day she started army man crawling. It looks a little more like a wounded soldier, but she's getting places. I think she just might bypass the whole crawling thing and go straight into walking. She has such strong legs and she doesn't have as much interest in crawling. She's on the move so much, she can no longer be trusted on her changing table, so when I change her diaper and take her clothes off to change her, she has to go in the crib. But now, she's learning to pull herself up and she looks at me from her crib like: look what I can do mommy. It's so adorable. She loves to laugh like a panting dog when she gets really excited, and that's just what she did standing up in her crib. It was so funny.
Also, just last night she waved goodby for the first time as my grandparents were leaving from dinner. It was so cute. She did it a couple times so it wasn't just a fluke. She gave me a half wave as I left for work today. Not a complete wave, but I'll take it. She's babbling so much and she's starting to repeat. I love it. I can tell her to say dadadadadada, and she does! Although mamaaaamaaa was her first "word," she isn't saying it as easy anymore. But hey, she's only 7 1/2 months.
Olivia is so excited for her first Thanksgiving. She can't wait to get her hands on the traditional baby's first Thanksgiving turkey leg (pictures to follow). We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday, and good luck to everyone going out on Black Friday. I may need the luck as well. Happy Thanksgiving!!

0 comments: